01 September 2021
The RWETP has been instigated to provide an insight into all aspects of helicopter maintenance.
The program will interest those new to aviation maintenance, have completed an institutional Cert IV Theory course or currently employed in an allied trade and a looking for a change in direction. The RWETP will operate for approximately three (3) months over a normal working week, Monday to Friday.
Conducted at the PCH facility on the Queensland's Sunshine Coast and will consist of an "In-House Introductory Coarse on the Airbus H-125 (AS 350).
Program topics will be varied and may include:
* Helicopter Maintenance Operators, types of aircraft and where they are used in industry.
* Maintenance Approvals, CAR 30/ Part 145 operations, Quality and Safety programs and the CASA Regulatory System.
* Manufacturer's documentation, AIRBUS on-line access, the ATA System and publications including maintenance, parts and repair manuals.
* Aircraft and engine Log Books and Log Cards.
* Safety around helicopters, general engineering principles and Workplace Practices for Rotary Wing Aircraft including basic Rotary Wing Aerodynamics.
* Modifications, Supplemental Type Certificates, Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives.
Plus a major practical component with maintenance processes on our own AS350 training aircraft.
The training is free and successful applicants are not required to pay a fee to participate. Nonethelesss spaces are limited and participants will be required to attend each day and organise their own accomodation, subsistance and travel costs. Participants will be required to supply their own basic tool kit.
The following requirements should be considered as a guide:
* Significant interest in helicopters and rotary wing flight, have a positive, engaged persona.
* Computer literacy and a strong ethic to achieve. Have recent work history as a Trades Assistant or an AME in an Aviation environment or just have just completed a Cert 111 or Cert IV theory at a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in an Aeroskills discipline or allied trade.
Please forward your expresion of interest and resume to: email@example.com
A series of interviews will be condusted to ascertain suitable candidates, where further details will be made available.