To promote the Australian helicopter industry by working with governments, regulatory authorities and the community to ensure it is a safe, efficient and viable industry readily able to adapt to the continuing needs of our customers by the pursuit of global industry best practice.
To support the mission statement the AHIA has the following objectives:
- To promote safe helicopter operations
- Maintain an open and productive working relationship with CASA
- Establish an exchange of information between Australian helicopter owners, operators, community users, pilots, engineers and other supporting industries
- Make representations to government at all levels to secure facilities, regulations and legislation for the advancement of the Australian helicopter industry
- Promote a high standard of integrity within the Australian helicopter industry
- Establish an exchange of information between the Australian helicopter industry and other aviation- oriented associations; both national and international
- Promote the development of new helicopter services to the public. Coordinate research efforts to create off airport areas for helicopter operations.